Saturday, October 15, 2016

Carrot Soufflé




Remember yesterday, when I said that today I might have a carrot recipe?  Well, here it is!

I got this 2 pound bag of defrosted frozen carrot pieces.  Carrots are on the top of my least favorite vegetable list, so transforming these suckers are going to be tricky!!

I must have read 50 general soufflé recipes and 15 carrot soufflé recipes, who knew there are so many carrot soufflé recipes, but there are and I wrote mine before bed last night.  I have NEVER made a soufflé so I really don't have any business writing a soufflé recipe, but I did, so I really hope this turns out ok.


Carrot Soufflé 

ingredients 
1.5 lb. carrots
1/2 C. granulated sugar
4 Large eggs
1/2 C. melted butter. plus butter to coat baking dish
1/3 C. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 t. Brandy (if you don't have Brandy, you can use vanilla extract)
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground ginger
freshly grated nutmeg




instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350.  Cook carrots in salt water (water should taste like the ocean) for 15 minutes or until very tender; drain.  Place carrots in a food processor; process until smooth.  Add sugar and the next 8 ingredients (eggs through ginger); pulse to combine.



2. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated in butter.  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until puffed and set.  Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg. (remember a little goes a long way!)


No comments:

Post a Comment